lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

Reported Speech II (MODAL VERBS)

Direct Speech Indirect Speech
Will Would
"I'll go to the movies tomorrow," John said. John said he would go to the movies tomorrow.
"Will you help me move?" she asked. She asked me if I would help her move.
Can Could
Debra said, "Allen can work tomorrow." Debra said Allen could work tomorrow.
"Can you open the window, please?", he asked. He asked me if I could open the window.
Must Had to
"You must wear your seatbelt," mom said. My mom said we had to wear my seatbelt.
She said, "You must work tomorrow." She said I had to work tomorrow.
Shall Should
"Shall we go to the beach today?" Tom asked. Tom asked if we should go to the beach today.
"What shall we do tonight?" she asked. She asked me what we should do tonight.
May Might/Could
Jane said, "I may not be in class tomorrow." Jane said she might not be in class tomorrow.
"May I use the bathroom, please?" the boy asked. The boy asked if he could use the bathroom.

Nota: Con "would", "could", "should", "might" y "ought to", el tiempo no cambia.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario