lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

Paraphrasing Exercise I

1) There will be a few changes around in the office.
The boss announced that    in the office.
 
2) They will have to take a taxi to get there in time. (need)
They  in time
 
3) You ought to write to your parents more often. (better)
You  more often.
 
4) You weren't careful, so you made so many mistakes (had)
If   so many mistakes.
 
5) You shouldn't listen to anything she says.
If  anything she says.
 
6)I am almost sure there was a party at the neighbors' last night. (must)
There  last night.
 
7) Do you have any plans for tomorrow?
Are    tomorrow?
 
8) He seems well-educated, however  he's not very bright. (Although)
 
9) He drank a cup of tea.  He felt dizzy afterwards. 
After
 
10) He doesn't write to me as frequently as I wanted.
I wish
 
11) They broke into a warehouse last night.  (was)
     
 
12) I was not paying attention to the screen so I accidentally deleted some important file on my computer. (Because)
 
13) I am so sorry I broke your favourite cup.
She apologized
 
14) "I don't have enough time", he complained.
He complained
 
15) It was Mary who stole money.
He accused
 
16) "I completely forgot!" he admitted.
He admitted
 
17) The new manager seems to be a very capable woman.  I met her last week (who)
The new manager  a very capable woman.
 
18) They repaired my watch last week.  (Had)
 last week.
 
19) Susan has less energy than Mia. (as)
Mia doesn't Susan.
 
20)  Peter has more cars than Joe. (as)
Joe doesn't  Peter

1 comentario:

  1. ANSWERS:
    1)there would be a few changes around
    2)will need to take a taxi to get there
    3)had better write to your parents
    4)you had been careful you wouldn't have made
    5)I were you I wouldn't listen to
    6)must have been a party at the neighbor's
    7)you doing anything
    8)Although he seems a well-educated person, he's not very bright
    9)he had drunk a cup of tea, he felt dizzy
    10)he wrote to me more frequently
    11)The warehouse was broken into last night
    12)I accidentally deleted some important file on my computer because I was not paying attention
    13)for breaking my favourite cup
    14)that he didn't have enough time
    15)Mary of stealing the money
    16)that he had completely forgotten
    17)who I met last week, seems to be
    18)had my watch repaired
    19)had my watch repaired
    20)have as many cars as

    ResponderEliminar